Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sweet Sweet Mac Lovin'


For my birthday, I received many fantastic presents.  Moby and NIN CDs, nice shirts, a very cool BBC documentary and some great cake and family time!

Because I'm spoiled, I also received a new iMac.
.. it's now kitted out with 4gigs of RAM.  I've never had a computer this powerful nor
 with a screen so large (24").  It's fantastic and even Britgal has started learning the ways of the Mac.

I can live in my Mac world, or if I need access for development reasons to Linux/Windows or QNX I have VMware running.  With 4gigs of RAM this computer never touches the hard disk even with VMware :)  The most impressive part (at least wow factor) is the 24" display.  It's massive and I'm having trouble using all the screen real-estate.

Hopefully with a more reliable computer (our old 900mhz pc was slowly going) I'll have some time to enjoy the computer rather than work on it.

The bonus with this computer is the webcam built in and the photo editing software as we can share more stuff with the grand parents and other family abroad.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was possible, but I do believe your baby is getting cuter.

SO CUTE!

Oh, and nice Mac.