Monday, April 16, 2007

Getting my just deserts.... mmmm cake.


So I had my birthday over this last weekend, and it was quite a great time! Friday started off with a great lunch at the local Indian with Dutch, Nail, Serdic, RJA and myself all eating some good food. This was followed up with a gift delivered by RJA - Mini Eggs! These things are like crack and it's shameful (and very nice) to be given a box of these candies.


Britgal gave me my pressies on Sat prior to leaving for the family visit. I got some cool t-shirts, golf shirt and some knick knacks. Then she really surprised me with the DVD set for Stargate season 9! Oh man... Then she broadsided me with another gift - a Playstation 3! Wow! I was rather speechless as it was very generous and of course geeky. I do enjoy my games and this piece of kit is quite nice too! Crazy!

Right after that, we then drove to k-town to visit the family, where we had a nice dinner of lasagna with homemade chocolate cake (fudge like icing which was soooo good!). I received a nice shirt, vase for plants and some bulbs to plant into my garden (mud pit at the moment) which will likely find a place to live in my planter box or a nice pot. My sister and her husband generously gave me a gift cert to the FS, so I'll be looking for either a international iPod charger or something else cool.

Next, we had a later dinner with Outraged (Aero to some) and his wife K at Moxies. We followed it up with a couple frames at the local bowl-o-rama for some midnight bowling. The first game I was doing well but the following game, I was definitely sucking quite badly. In any case, it was good fun for all involved to get silly and enjoy ourselves in black light! After bowling we retired around 12:30am and woke up around 9am to have some breakfast at our usual watering hole. My friends piled on the goodness and gave me a nice gift of a chocolate Homer (from the Simpsons), my favourite Japanese soft chew candy and a gift cert to HomeSense. I do enjoy the kitchen stuff, so I'm going to have a lot of looking around fun in shops! Very cool! Here are some shots of my buds, K, A and Britgal all having a bowl of a time :).



And of course, the gals 'forced' the boys to go shopping the next day. They were silly enough to leave us unattended (at-a-boy Aero!) and we found stuff to do. That sure doesn't look like Oscar Mayer!


An excellent way to ring in year 31! Thank you all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Mini Eggs.

Receiving a PS3 then having to go to Kingston! I recommend purchasing the Blu-Ray version of American Psycho.

Dinner and bowling sounds like it was heaps of fun. But from the shopping photo...I can't believe I know that guy.

Happy Birthday again, Null.