Saturday, May 26, 2007

The magic eraser

So we've all seen those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (Superstore has NoName versions too). They are awesome at cleaning and removing scratches in walls, stains off tables and all sorts of things. It's basically a super fine sand block so don't use it on shiny things (it'll take the shine off). One use I never though of was for my ceramic stove top. I love my oven, but the top collects grease and stains from cooked off water etc. You can scrub and get most of it off, but there is always that small amount of stuff that seems to live just beneath the surface. So I was reading a home/garden forum (yeah yeah, I'm a domestic) and it recommended using those magic erasers. And it did an awesome job - it took the whole thing to a brand new shine.

I think I'm going to play some PlayStation now :)

3 comments:

Travelling Greek said...

I know... Those things are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I could write a huge rant about how awesome the Superstore is, but I have limited time.

But in a word I would say that the Superstore is...super.

Darklight said...

Yeah, I just recently tried it on my stovetop too and was most pleased with the results. And I am not going fall into the trap of thinking it's pathetic that I love the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser enough to feel compelled to comment on a blog entry about one.