Monday, September 17, 2007

Taste sensation

Well it's been quite a while since my last update and the Britgal and I have been busy preparing for the new arrival. This preparation generally entails spending cash on some of the strangest things (ie. wet wipe warmer). Having been through the whole wedding thing, I though it was a lot of 'cash grab' - they haven't got a thing on this baby market! The whole play on first timers is especially heinous as they drill down on your insecurities. If you don't keep things in check, you're walking out of the stores with more than you could possibly afford. In any case, things are going well and we're starting to get prepared for the big day.

Back to the reason for the post - I recently made a desert which I though was incredible. So simple, and I was highly dubious as it combines things my brain says would be 'yuck'. It's grilled plums with a balsamic glaze (side of vanilla ice cream or cool whip).

  1. Four ripe plums, peeled and pitted in halves.
  2. Drizzle some olive oil on the plums and grill in a high heat pan (oil stops the sticking)
  3. Make balsamic sauce. 1/2 cup of balsamic (reduced to half), 1 tbsp of sugar/sweetener, 1 tbsp lemon juice, tspn of vanilla extract
  4. Drizzle sauce over the plums, and serve with a scope of ice cream or coolwhip

The taste is awesome (and it's not bad for you either) as it's not the same old, same old desert.

1 comment:

Darklight said...

You'll be happy you have the wet wipe warmer when you're changing the baby in the middle of the night. I remember warming the wipes up with my hands to prevent my kids from screaming when I wiped them. It's one of those weird things that you think is useless, but is actually handy.

I'd take a pass on the diaper genie though.