Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jack Frost

Who ordered the double serving of snow with a side order of blowing snow topped with freezing rain sauce??

I'm really starting to loath winter. That said the AWD in our car is spectacular! I was in 4 wheel lock (50/50) going around Kanata today (I had to pickup some necessaries that could not wait) and never had a problem with getting stuck or control. Visibility sucked a times, but I just went slow and things where always fine. I don't think I'd go out willingly, but at least I didn't have a horrible experience.

That said, a lot of nutty people with Geo Metros and the like where braving the roads only to end up stuck. Lots of people got trapped in the snow coming up the hill towards our house; only to be later trapped into a snow bank by a snow plow going by. A rule of thumb is if the snow is higher than the clearance for your car, you're going to get stuck (this goes for everyone). Basic physics say your wheels are useless if your car is jacked up on a ramp of snow with no wheels touching the ground.

I hope it all melts tomorrow.

No comments: